Meet Allison Huntley, MSW, LCSW
Behavioral Health Team Member
Allison Huntley, MSW, LCSW
Education and Training:
- I received my BA in psychology from Linfield College in 2005 and my Masters of Social Work (MSW) from Portland State University with advanced coursework in child and family studies in 2010.
- I am a licensed clinical social worker through the Oregon State Board of Licensed Clinical Social Workers since 2013
- Certification in Animal-assisted Human Health through the Firefly Institute of Research and Education in 2019
- Member of the National Association of Social Workers (NASW).
- I have expertise in addressing a wide range of concerns that children, adolescents, and families often face including: grief and loss, anxiety, suicide, stress, depression, emotion regulation, peer relationships, life transitions, sexual abuse, commercial sexual exploitation, and trauma. I have worked in the Portland-metro area for the past 10 years in various roles while helping families develop collaborative, comprehensive plans that focus on the strengths of each individual while also increasing effective communication skills. I have spent the last 3 years in the Hillsboro area working as a clinical social worker.
- Joined HPC summer of 2019.
- I enjoy outdoor activities such as hiking, running, backpacking, and playing in the park with my family and my dog. I love listening to music, reading, and spending time with friends and family.
- I believe that no single approach is right for everyone, and I work from a collaborative, humanistic theoretical lens to instill a capacity for inner reflection, self-acceptance, and growth. I believes that an individual’s mental, emotional, spiritual, and physical health are closely intertwined and work to provide a safe space of unconditional positive regard while holistically addressing concerns. I am body-positive, LGBTQ+ and queer affirming, and incorporates aspects of evidence-based interventions including: DBT, motivational interviewing, Collaborative Problem Solving , Narrative Therapy, Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, Solution-Focused Therapy, Mindfulness, Attachment Therapy, Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST).
Allison is at our Orenco location On Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.Read more about Behavioral Health