Hillsboro Pediatric News
Stay tuned to HPC News for fun news, facts, and opportunities!
Hillsboro Pediatric News
Farewell, Dr. Nason
It is bittersweet to announce that after 38 years of caring for the kids (teens and young adults, too!) in Washington County and surrounding areas, Dr. Nason has decided to retire in July of this year.
Please join HPC in thanking him for his love and dedication to the care of your children. We will miss you!
Masks are still required at HPC.
According to the Oregon Health Authority, “masks are still required in health care settings to protect health care providers and staff and the vulnerable patients they serve.” If you do not have a mask, we will provide one for you.
COVID-19 Testing at HPC
We offer two types of tests:
– Abbott ID NOW RNA detection (results in about 20 minutes)
– PCR (results in 2-5 days)
We have Restrictions for Testing at HPC:
1. We will not test any asymptomatic person.
2. For drive-thru testing, we will not test until day 5 of symptoms.
3. We will not test for travel purposes. Ask your airline if they have preferred vendors.
Due to massive demand at our clinic, please visit the Washington County website for a list of additional COVID-19 testing sites.
If you have tested positive at home you do not have to report this. However, The Oregon Health Authority has launched a webpage for people who want to voluntarily report their positive test. You can also get more information on how to isolate and keep those around you safe while you recover.
What about COVID-19 Antibody testing? Our immune system makes antibodies after an infection or after getting vaccinated. COVID-19 antibodies cannot be used to check for a current infection. The CDC does not recommend using antibody testing to check for immunity after getting your vaccines, and neither do we.
Now Scheduling COVID-19 Vaccines
Updated June 22, 2022 ¡FINALYYYYYYYY! COVID-19 Vaccines are now recommended for children 6 months to 5 years old!
Hillsboro Pediatric Clinic is now vaccinating all patients 6 months and older with the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine. There is a second vaccine available from Moderna for persons aged 6 months to 5 years, but we are not offering it. We absolutely consider both vaccines safe and effective, but due to the logistics of vaccine administration, we will only be using the Pfizer vaccine at this time.
Who Can Get a Vaccine at HPC:
- Patients 6 months through 5 years old can get Pfizer COVID-19 vaccines at HPC. A full series is 3 doses — the 2nd is given 3 to 8 weeks after 1st, and the 3rd is given at least 8 weeks after the 2nd dose.
- Patients 5 years and older can get Pfizer COVID-19 vaccines. A full series is 2 doses spaced 3 to 8 weeks apart. A booster dose is now recommended to be given at least 5 months after the 2nd dose.
- Patients 5 years and older who are moderately or severely immunocompromised are eligible for additional doses of COVID-19 vaccines. Please ask your primary care provider for guidance
Scheduling a COVID Vaccine at HPC:
- All patients can be scheduled during specific vaccine clinics, or the vaccine can be given during any Well Child Check. It is safe to give the COVID-19 vaccine at the same time as other recommended childhood vaccines. COVID-19 vaccines are available at Main Street and Orenco offices.
Plan to stay 15-30 minutes after receiving a COVID-19 vaccine.
There are so many places you may be able to get the COVID-19 vaccine. The sooner the better. Check the Washington County Vaccine Information site to find a place close you.