Welcome to Your
Hillsboro Pediatric Clinic (HPC) has been taking care of infants, children, and adolescents for over 30 years! In 2012 HPC was the first pediatric clinic to be recognized in Oregon as a Patient Centered Primary Care Home (“Medical Home”). Our mission is to provide consistent, timely, compassionate, and innovative high quality medical care to the children and adolescents of our community.
Hillsboro Pediatric News
Coronavirus (2019-NCOV or COVID-19) Information
Updated March 31, 2020
Hillsboro Pediatric Clinic is dedicated as ever to the health and safety of the children we serve, their families, our community, and our staff and healthcare providers. Like you, Hillsboro Pediatric Clinic has been closely monitoring the news surrounding the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic and we want to do our best to keep our loved ones safe.
We have already started taking significant protective measures, and we thank you for your patience and flexibility moving forward.
We are limiting the number of people coming in and out of our clinic – Please make an effort to bring the patient and no more than one support person to office visits.
For Well Patients:
- Newborns, infants, and young children should continue to be seen in the office for their Well Child Checks. In addition to important vaccinations, these visits are vital to monitoring growth and development.
- Our Orenco clinic location will now be the dedicated location for all Newborn and Westside Breastfeeding Center visits. Well Child Checks up to 6 months of age will also be located at Orenco.
- Well Child Checks for healthy infants, toddlers, and older children and adolescents who need vaccinations will take place at Main Street. Those who are up-to-date on vaccinations will be scheduled as telemedicine visits or rescheduled for at least 2 months out.
- Well Adolescents in need of birth control will continue to be seen in the office.
For Ill Patients:
- We are increasing our phone triage efforts to minimize unnecessary exposures. Patients who need to be seen will be seen. However we may offer a phone or video telemedicine appointment with a medical provider rather than an office visit.
- All ill visits will take place at the Main Street clinic.
For Behavioral Health Patients:
- We are continuing to offer care. Many of these visits will be offered through video telemedicine appointments.
- Our Main Street clinic now has clearly demarcated “Ill” and “Well” sections of the building, this includes separate entrances and designated sections of the parking lot. Providers, front desk staff, and medical assistants will be divided between ill and well patients.
- You will be met at the entrance by a staff member who will be asking screening questions.
- We have expanded our hygiene measures. Common areas like lobbies, door knobs, and chairs are disinfected every couple of hours. More time between office visits has been added to allow for more thorough room cleanings. Our nightly janitorial procedures have been intensified.
We hope these only need to be short-term precautions, but regardless of conditions Hillsboro Pediatric Clinic will continue to be available to help you care for your children for years to come.
We also understand if you and your family are worried and overwhelmed. Please rest assured that we are gathering the most accurate information and you can call us for any questions or concerns you may have.
For additional information, please visit the resources below to stay up-to-date on COVID-19, how to talk to your children regarding the outbreak, and what you can do while they are home from school.
- When and How to Wash Your Hands
- Cover Your Cough and Sneeze – Video
- HealthyChildren.org 2019 Novel Coronavirus Handout
- Hillsboro School District – Too Sick for School?
- Reach Out & Read: Resources for Families
- CDC’s Handwashing website
Better Care From Your Health Provider Team
Hillsboro Pediatric Clinic provides care to our patients in an innovative way. We group our providers into health care teams, members of your team work together to make sure they’re all on the same page when it comes to your child’s health. This continuity helps eliminate repetitive procedures and gets you the services you need, when you need them. Our approach to your child’s care is patient- and family- centered. You as parents will help us develop goals of care to address your concerns, so the medical care makes sense for you.
Our provider teams are grouped into the Kangaroo Team, who see all newborns for the first 30 days of life, and the Penguin Team and Dolphin Team. Read more about our health care teams.
Symptom Checker through HealthyChildren.org offers definitions, care advice, and guidelines for when to call your pediatrician. HPC offers 24/7 emergency call coverage please do not hesitate to call us if you are concerned about your child’s symptoms. During regular and outside normal office hours we can be reached at 503-640-2757
HPC offers free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as:
Español – Tiếng Việt – 汉语中文- Ру́сский – 한국어 – Українська – 日本語 – العَرَبِيَّة – лимба ромынэ – Khmer – Deutsch – فارسی – Français – Tagalog – Português – Polski – Italiano