Welcome to Your Medical HomeHillsboro Pediatric Clinic (HPC) has been taking care of infants, children, and adolescents for over 30 years! In 2012 HPC was the first pediatric clinic to be recognized in Oregon as a Patient Centered Primary Care Home (“Medical Home”). Our mission is to provide consistent, timely, compassionate, and innovative high quality medical care to the children and adolescents of our community. Our office appreciates the diversity of human beings and does not discriminate based on race, age, religion, ability, residency status, marital status, sexual orientation, sex or gender identity.
Hillsboro Pediatric News
Updated September 12, 2022 – ¡NO MORE CAR CHECK INS! HPC has returned to the “before times” with our check-in process.
- Park in the front lot.
- Enter and Exit through our front/main entrance. No more doorbells!
- Check in In-Person with one of our friendly, fabulous front desk staff.
- The lobby has two separate areas: one for persons with illness symptoms (fever, cough, nausea/vomiting, etc), and one for persons without.
- At this time, masks *are* still required.
We continue to be attentive to infectious disease precautions for our patients and staff throughout both clinics.
Thank you for your patience and kindness toward us and your fellow HPC families as we all get a little closer.
Welcoming our newest PNPs, Tehniyah Gomez and Jessica Chaney!
We have a couple new additions to HPC! We are excited to introduce and welcome our newest pediatric nurse practitioners (PNP), Tehniyah Gomez and Jessica Chaney!
Tehniyah joins us from California, after falling in love with the PNW while attending Humboldt State University. She joins us after working in the Pediatric ICU at UCLA Mattel Children’s Hospital.
Jessica has lived in the Willamette Valley most of her life, currently residing on a family farm. She is a Certified Breastfeeding Specialist, pursuing her IBCLC.
Masks are still required at HPC.
According to the Oregon Health Authority, “masks are still required in health care settings to protect health care providers and staff and the vulnerable patients they serve.” If you do not have a mask, we will provide one for you.
Now Scheduling Flu Vaccines and COVID-19 Vaccines
Updated November 21, 2022 – Our flu clinic is currently limited, but we are open for scheduling! Please call our clinic for available times and dates.
COVID-19 Vaccines are now recommended for children 6 months to 5 years old!
Hillsboro Pediatric Clinic is now vaccinating all patients 6 months and older with the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine. There is a second vaccine available from Moderna for persons aged 6 months to 5 years, but we are not offering it. We absolutely consider both vaccines safe and effective, but due to the logistics of vaccine administration, we will only be using the Pfizer vaccine at this time.
Who Can Get a Vaccine at HPC:
- Patients 6 months through 5 years old can get Pfizer COVID-19 vaccines at HPC. A full series is 3 doses — the 2nd is given 3 to 8 weeks after 1st, and the 3rd is given at least 8 weeks after the 2nd dose.
- Patients 5 years and older can get Pfizer COVID-19 vaccines. A full series is 2 doses spaced 3 to 8 weeks apart. A booster dose is now recommended to be given at least 5 months after the 2nd dose.
- Patients 5 years and older who are moderately or severely immunocompromised are eligible for additional doses of COVID-19 vaccines. Please ask your primary care provider for guidance
Scheduling a COVID Vaccine at HPC:
- All patients can be scheduled during specific vaccine clinics, or the vaccine can be given during any Well Child Check. It is safe to give the COVID-19 vaccine at the same time as other recommended childhood vaccines. COVID-19 vaccines are available at Main Street and Orenco offices.
Plan to stay 15-30 minutes after receiving a COVID-19 vaccine.
There are so many places you may be able to get the COVID-19 vaccine. The sooner the better. Check the Washington County Vaccine Information site to find a place close you.
***Hillsboro Pediatric Clinic is dedicated as ever to the health and safety of the children we serve, their families, our community, and our staff and healthcare providers. Like you, Hillsboro Pediatric Clinic has been closely monitoring the news surrounding the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic and we want to do our best to keep our loved ones safe. Select Resources:
- Local COVID-19 Testing Options
- COVID-19 Resources for Families
- I Wear Because I Care – Face Mask video, multiple languages
- When and How to Wash Your Hands Cover Your Cough and Sneeze – Video
- 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Healthychildren.org
- Reach Out & Read: Resources for Families
- CDC’s Handwashing website